So, there’s a little lovely recipe that I used to make all the time for my kids. ALL THE TIME. Like they could make it themselves…and I’ve decided to share it with you, because, you know, pretty much everybody needs a quick 5-minute recipe in their back pocket that turns out so very awesome. And, because, despite the fact that it takes just a couple of minutes to put together, Loaded Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs are so awesome, the whole WORLD needs to know about them. Heh.
This is such a fun recipe–the kids, when they were older, would make these for a snack, or a meal all their own when I was running late from work. Now, I make them when the grandkids come over. Or when we’re cooking a burger for a crowd. Or when I just want a fun, yummy dinner that only takes 5 minutes to make. Ok, so we make them fairly often, still. LOL!
We made them last week and I nearly didn’t get pictures taken or even a bite of my own before they started disappearing from the plate. My husband loves them, needless to say.
Loaded Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 1 package Hot Dogs
- 8 slices Bacon
- ½ pound Cheddar Cheese (block or shredded)
- Place two paper towels on a microwave-safe plate and arrange the bacon on top of the paper towels.
- Place two more paper towels on top of the bacon. Cook in microwave, on high for 1.5 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, remove the wieners from the package, and split each one lengthwise, but don't cut all the way through the hot dog. Place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cut Cheddar Cheese (if you're using a block) into 8 strips about ¼" by 3-4 inches long.
- Place one strip (or shredded cheese) in each wiener.
- Remove bacon from microwave and allow to cool for one minute.
- Wrap each cheese-stuffed wiener in a strip of bacon and place back on the plate.
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- I usually blot mine with paper towels before serving this up with ketchup, a caramelized onion, and a toasty bun!
So, let me know how your loaded bacon-wrapped hot dogs turn-out! Just leave a comment below or drop us a line on Facebook!