This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilySavings #CollectiveBias
As a millennial mom, I wasn’t taught typical “homemaking” skills like my mom was. I didn’t learn to cook until my twenties, and I didn’t realize you should separate colors and whites for an embarrassingly long time. Thankfully, now that I have kids of my own I’ve been forced into learning some of these “momming” tricks, and now I’m sharing with you these shopping smarter hacks for millennial moms.
Shopping Smarter Hacks for Millennial Moms
- Never shop on an empty tummy. Seriously, eat something before you go shopping. If you go on an empty stomach the entire store looks DELICIOUS and you’ll blow your grocery budget on junk food and snacks. #askmehowIknow
- Make a list and stick to it. This hack is infinitely easier to follow through with if you did the last hack and ate before you went to the grocery store. Write your list and stick to it. Get exactly what you need and go home!
- Use Family Dollar Stores® Smart Coupons to write your list. It is a new way to save money with digital coupons at Family Dollar®. You simply register for Family Dollar® Smart Coupons and you can start getting coupons on products your family already loves and uses!
- Use portioned products to avoid waste. Before trying Tide Pods I used way too much detergent and wasted a ton. Now with Pods I get the perfect amount for each load, and I save tons throughout the month!
- Stock up on the essentials. In this house, we have no carpet and we have toddlers. We Swiffer the floors pretty much daily! When I stock up on Swiffer WetJet Solution once for the whole month I avoid repeat trips to the store where I impulse buy!
You can register for Family Dollar® Smart Coupons here by filling out your email, name, phone number, and creating a password. Once you’ve signed up you can immediately start saving by clicking on the coupons you want from your computer, tablet or phone.
You don’t have to print or cut out coupons, you just give your mobile phone number at checkout and your coupons will be applied! And there are all sorts of excellent coupons like:
- $2.00 on ONE Swiffer Refill or Wet Jet solution (excludes trial/travel)
- Save $0.50 on ONE Downy Liquid Fabric Softener/Enhancer 40 load (excludes Downy Libre Enjuague and trial/travel size)
- Save $0.50 on ONE Crest Toothpaste 3oz or more or Liquid Gel (excludes Kids and trial/travel size)
- Save $2.00 on ONE Tide Pods or Gain Flings Laundry Detergent (excludes Tide Simply and Gain Flings/Tide Pods 5 ct and trial/travel size)
The average savings per basket can be $10 or more, which makes this one of the best shopping smarter hacks for millennial moms I’ve found! You can also get emails with more savings from specific brands your family uses and loves.
With all of these shopping smarter hacks for millennial moms, you’re sure to be saving your family a bunch on your budget each month. Once you get registered with Family Dollar® Smart Coupons, you can check out their savings grid and select the coupons that work best for your family! My favorites were saving $2 on Tide Pods and saving $2 on one container of Swiffer WetJet Solution. Once you’ve selected your coupons, write your list, eat a snack, and head to your local Family Dollar®!