The easiest Rotel Dip recipe is just 2 ingredients away and amazingly tasty. This Mexican queso is so very simple and so easy to make, but a creamy dream of tasty awesomeness.
I have always loved cheese. In any form, in any way. I do love cheese.
Cheese can be mixed with so many ingredients to make tasty recipes and wildly unique flavors. And cheesy dips are always at the top of the awesome list for me. Like this Rotel Dip.
The distinctive flavors of Mexican queso dip being salty, sweet (in the way that tomatoes are sweet – don’t come for me), and sour with a bit of spiciness is something that you just can’t get anywhere but in a dip.
And it’s so much more yummy than just for chips. Over enchiladas, topping tamales, you can do so much. I even love dipping some vegetables in it too.
How to Make Easy Rotel Dip
With only Velveeta Cheese and Rotel Original combined together, this is one of the first simple and easy I learned to make as a kid.
Velveeta melts really smooth and evenly when heated, making it perfect for a dip. And RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies is so full of flavor with a distinct taste that is a perfect pairing with the cheese.
For easy four-ingredient nachos, all it takes is a little ground beef, Velveeta, Rotel and chips. Seriously.
Ingredients to Make Mexican Queso
- 1-1 lb (450g) package Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1-10 oz. (270mL) can Rotel Original Finely Chopped Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
Note: if you want a thinner texture to the dip, do not drain the tomatoes.
How to Make Ro*Tel Dip
Cut the Velveeta into 1-inch squares, then drain the Rotel.
In a medium-size saucepan, place the Velveeta and Rotel together and place over medium heat.
You have to stir the mixture frequently until the cheese melts completely and is well combined with the Rotel.
Serve the dip warm and enjoy!
Oh! and don’t forget to Pin this recipe to your favorite snacks Pinterest board so you can make this delicious Mexican queso again!
The easiest Rotel Dip recipe is just 2 ingredients away and amazingly tasty. This Mexican queso is so very simple and so easy to make!
- 1-450g package Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1-270mL can Rotel Original Finely Chopped Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- Cut the Velvetta into squares and drain the liquid from the Rotel tomatoes.
- Place the Velveeta and tomatoes in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until the cheese is completely melted and both ingredients are well-combined.
- Serve warm with chips or veggies.
If you want a thinner texture to the dip, do not drain the tomatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g