(Inside: A quick and yummy lunch for kids that is so silly–but so perfectly delicious, they’ll be asking for seconds. Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi Sandwiches are serious goodness, in a perfect nibbles-package.)
Lunches can be so boring.
Especially if you’re 5 and you refuse to eat anything green or meaty.
Like the same old sandwich or the same old wrap–or the same old frozen pizza or the same old chicken nuggets.
Sometimes you just have to put a twist on something old to make it fun.
Know a kid who is just too picky for their own good?
Dude. The Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi is MADE for them.
This Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi would have Elvis jealous.
I mean how cool is this!? I kinda wanna eat it.
And it really doesn’t even take a 1/4 of a banana to make a whole sushi roll.
Imagine four sushi rolls in your lunch box with four pieces of bread, one banana, and small serving of peanut butter.
Or, even better, imagine it with jelly, nutella, or even crunch peanut butter.
I. Am. Dying.
And the making of the Peanut Butter Sushi Sandwiches is not hard at all.
Just roll out some bread.
Cut some bananas and roll them up.
Slicing needs to be left to the adults though.
The bread will tear with a butter knife, so it’s best to use a nice, sharp knife to make those sushi cuts.
But the kids can get in on everything else which makes this super kid friendly.
Because they’re way more likely to eat something they helped make.
Oh, and before I forget, get your pin on so you can remember how to make Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi Sandwiches the next time the kids are clamoring for something less boring than a plain-jane sammie.
And now, for the piece-de-resistance…
Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi Sandwiches
A quick and yummy lunch for kids that is so silly--but so perfectly delicious, they'll be asking for seconds. Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi Sandwiches are serious goodness, in a perfect nibbles-package.
- 4 slices bread
- 1 medium banana
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Lay each piece of bread flat on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Slice the crust off and discard.
- Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top of the bread.
- Roll the bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Cut each slice of bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread peanut butter over each of the flattened pieces of bread.
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise into quarters (ish).
- Place banana quarters and bits in the center of each bread-slice half. Be careful not to overfill--one quarter-ish of banana should be more than enough for each half-bread-slice.
- Roll each half-bread-slice closed around the banana.
- Slice into small sushi rolls or eat as a large roll. Whatever. It's your sushi...
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi Sandwiches: