(Inside: There’s nothing worse than having a bajillionty things under your couch that you can’t even reach. So, I’m taking a stance. No more crap under my couch. This is How to Make an Under the Couch Crap Catcher that’ll have your back.)
For real, I was so not happy with my current situation.
Crap was constantly under the couch. For real.
And my arms weren’t even long enough to reach it all.
I’m taking a stand.
This is How to Make an Under the Couch Crap Catcher–I’ve made one and my life is so much better now..no more bouncy balls to retrieve or icky drink cups rolling under there to mold and be nasty…
The Under the Couch Crap Catcher Video
Ok. So, I’m doing this new thing–I’m making a YouTube Channel dedicated to building and making things. So, watch this video for How to Make an Under the Couch Crap Catcher and then subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Wasn’t that cool?! Ok. Maybe I’m just excited to start this new adventure.
Be sure to subscribe, if you liked it, and now let’s get our build on.
What You Need to Make an Under the Couch Crap Catcher
- Tape Measure
- 3 – 8-foot long 1″x3″ boards (I had some just laying around, but that’s what I used)
- 8 – 1 3/4″ screws
- Screw Driver
- Wood Stain (optional)
- Couch (this is not optional–don’t bother making this if you don’t have a couch)
How to Make an Under the Couch Crap Catcher
- Flip couch on it’s front.
- Measure behind feet of couch, both lengthwise and widthwise. Write that down.
- Cut 2 of the 1×3 boards to the length (minus 1″ on each end to account for the added width of the board at the end).
- Cut the remaining 1×3 board into two pieces the width of the couch.
- Pre-assemble for a “dry fit” to make sure you know what parts go where. Because you cut off the extra inch, make sure the long boards are on the inside of the short boards.
- Pre-drill holes on the ends of the short boards, two for each corner.
- Screw each corner with two screws.
- Stain (optional) and allow to dry.
- Place under couch.
HOW RIDICULOUSLY EASY WAS THAT?!
And if you loved this idea but just aren’t ready to build your own just yet, pin this post so you can find it again when you’ve got your nails ready.