This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouHash #CollectiveBias
Here’s what happens (I kid you not), it’s 7:44am, we have to walk out the door by 7:48am to make it to my son’s school in time for him to make it in the door before first bell. And he’s still getting his lunch together–no breakfast in sight. It’s up to mom (me, always with the me, me, me, aren’t I?! LOL!), to pull something out of my proverbial pocket so he goes to school with a healthy, tasty breakfast–and one that’s FAST (remember, we only have 4 minutes). Enter the Hash, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites, made with HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash.
I freeze these puppies for just such occasions. Because, this actually happens more frequently than I’d like to admit. He has a tendency (no matter how early I try to get him up) to drag his feet when it comes time to get out the door. It is, apparently, our morning “dance”.
And, back in the day, when we first adopted him, he’d be fussing about not eating OR he’d be late to school. But these quick Hash, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites really changed that for us. All it takes is 2 minutes in the microwave to heat ’em up–so 1 minute to grab them from the freezer and 1 more minute to pull them out of the microwave and make a mug of milk to go with them. Fast. Fast. Fast. (and hearty, and tasty, and everything he needs–LOL!).
The idea came to me at Walmart a while ago, when I was standing in the “canned meat” section, trying to come up with an idea for dinner…that can of HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash called my name. It’s simply tender chunks of beef and yummy potatoes mixed together–but it makes these breakfast bites POP. Now, I make some every week, just for our little morning “dance”. My littlie even gets in on it now! LOL!
Hash, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites
So, here’s a quick photo tutorial, to kind of show you what I mean in the recipe, because it’s not really all that complicated, but it is kind of different. So, there’s that. LOL!
Every day, I make sure my son goes to school with a healthy, tasty breakfast--and one that's FAST (remember, we only have 4 minutes). Enter these Hash, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites.
- 1 can HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash
- 3 flour tortillas, or 6 corn tortillas
- 1-2 large eggs
- 2-3 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Grease mini-muffin tin lightly, then set aside.
- Using a round cookie cutter, about 3-inches in diameter, cut out 3 round pieces from the tortillas.
- Place those inside the muffin tin, like a cup.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash.
- Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, make a depression in the center of each cup full of the HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash.
- Crack the eggs and whip them. If you like your eggs with salt and pepper, this is the time to add it--my son doesn't care, so I just skip it...whatever. LOL!
- Fill each depression with a teaspoon of egg.
- Place the mini-muffin tin in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While that's baking, quarter your cheese slices.
- Remove the mini-muffin tin from the oven and place a piece of cheese on top of each breakfast bite.
- Place the mini-muffin tin back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before handling.
- Hand them to your foot-dragging-teen as you head out the door!
Do you have the same problem with your teen? Leave me a comment to let me know if these yummy Hash, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites help to resolve any of your morning “dance” issues! LOL! And be sure to head over to Hormel.com between 2/18/2016 and 3/17/2016 to SAVE $1.00 on any two HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Hash products!