(Inside: A recipe that defies logic, but is easy and tasty and fun. It’s Fried Egg and Avocado Breakfast Tacos. Ok. So it doesn’t defy logic, but whatever.)
You’re probably looking at the pictures thinking “I could do that without a recipe.” And it’s true. You can. This picture pretty much tells you all the basics.
But, having tried a good number of these (because it’s not like I make something one time and then suddenly make a blog post–I usually make it at least twice. Or three times), there’s a secret to making them so yummy that you totally want to stuff your face silly with them.
And the secret? It’s the seasoning.
Yeah. All that yummy avocado and egg goodness? Seasoned juuuuust right?
Best. Breakfast. Ever.
And something else to make this a little more awesome? It’s super fast to put together, too.
No, really. Making Fried Egg and Avocado Breakfast Tacos, even for a crowd, is super fast.
As soon as the egg is cooked, the meal is basically ready to go on plates and in bellies.
And if you have a large griddle (I have a ridiculously large electric one that I can do 6 eggs at a time on…here’s the link if you’d like to have one for yourself).
So, basically, just throw a few eggs on the griddle and let’s get eating? Oh, no.
Didn’t I mention the seasoning is the best part? The part that makes this delicious and not blah?
And, because it’s so important, just feel free to pin this so that you can come back to it when you’re actually ready to make that super easy breakfast.
Because this secret to this tasty taco is definitely worth saving.
Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 ozTacoProper Taco Holder FiestaPak, Set of 12, Made in ChinaWomens Fitness Taco Funny Gym T Shirt Humorous Mexican Food Tee For Ladies (Dark Grey) – LKidsFunwares TriceraTACO Taco Holder – The Ultimate Prehistoric Taco Stand for Jurassic Taco Tuesdays and Dinosaur Parties – Holds 2 Tacos – The Perfect Gift for Kids and Kidults that Love DinosaursTaco Takeover Board Game
Fried Egg and Avocado Breakfast Tacos
A recipe that defies logic, but is easy and tasty and fun. It's Fried Egg and Avocado Breakfast Tacos. Ok. So it doesn't defy logic, but whatever.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 medium avocados
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 tspn powdered garlic
- 1 tspn powdered onion
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn cracked pepper
- 1/2 tspn celery seed
- 1/4 tspn chipotle pepper
- 3 tblspn olive oil
- Heat your griddle to 400-degrees.
- Pour 6 little pools of oil, evenly spaced, across the griddle.
- When the oil is hot, crack each egg over a pool of oil, evenly spacing the eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, slice the avocados.
- Add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, celery seed, and chipotle to the avocado and mash it all with a fork.
- Smear 1/6 of the avocado onto a flour tortilla (repeat for all 6 tortillas).
- Set aside.
- At the griddle, the eggs should be getting close to being done. To help them along, very carefully, using a spoon, pour some of the hot oil on the griddle over the top of the eggs. If you prefer your eggs cooked more thoroughly, flip them and allow them to have some time on both sides.
- When the eggs are cooked to your liking, place in the center of the tortillas, on top of the avocado.