(Inside: My kids wanted wands–and a snack. So we compromised and made both! These Edible Harry Potter Wands were so easy–we’ll be making them again.)
The afternoon we made these Edible Harry Potter Wands was…well, a whip.
The kids had had a really long day and we’d been rushing around for what felt like hours.
They needed a break–and frankly, I did too.
Both of the girls were hungry and they’d seen some toy (Harry Potter wands) that they wanted but I wasn’t willing to buy, so they were whining about “could we make one.”
So, my answer was “yes”–and we made these fabulous Wizard Wands you can eat!
Some awesome compromising skills on our parts, right?!
And, these Edible Harry Potter Wands were so simple to put together.
The trick is in the ingredients…
And they were delicious…
Now, be sure to check out this quick slideshow I made of the making of these Edible Harry Potter Wands–because it basically breaks this down so you can see what we did…
Then, be sure to pin these Edible Harry Potter Wands. You know you’re going to want to be able to find them again soon. LOL!
Edible Harry Potter Wands
My kids wanted wands--and a snack. So we compromised and made both! These Edible Harry Potter Wands were so easy--we'll be making them again.
- Pretzel Rods
- Caramel Apple Wraps
- Wilton Chocolate Melts or Chocolate Chips
- Black Gel Icing
- Gold Dust
- Lay a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Cut the caramel apple sheets into strips. You can alternate bigger and smaller strips to give the wands different definition. Wrap the sheets around the pretzel rods.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth. Pour into a tall glass.
- Dip each caramel wrapped pretzel rod into the tall glass making sure to completely coat it with chocolate. Lay on the parchment paper to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Decorate with black icing gel and edible gold dust to give the wands some definition and to personalize it!