This post was sponsored by P&G as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
My kids were so excited for summer–and then the rain started. I don’t know about wherever it is you lovelies are living, but here in Texas, it’s raining. Every day, buckets and buckets of rain. It’s even gotten to the point that the dogs won’t even go outside to play in it because they’re so over the rain. Dogs. And they’re happy about everything. So, I had to come up with something to keep the kids excited about summer, so they didn’t destroy my house in a tornado of boredom. My solution: Easy DIY Rainbow Clean Mud for Sensory Play. Soft, squishy and oh, so colorful. Fun in a bucket, my friends.
I thought of this awesome rainbow clean mud because, well, it was WAY simple, clean and made with some of my favorite P&G products that help me in my daily life because of all the little details in the products that really matter. And I can buy them in bulk at Costco, which is awesome.
And once I had the perfect products, well, of course the result was perfection–muddy perfection, but perfection nonetheless. LOL!
Ingredients for Easy DIY Rainbow Clean Mud
- 1 1/2 cups Dawn Platinum Advance Power (which I USUALLY use to get the toughest stuck-on food off my dishes, but it also makes for a silky-smooth bubbly clean mud)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 5 different food colorings
- 1/2 roll Charmin Ultra Soft (because it’s softer than other choices–and 75% more absorbent, so if you don’t use this specific brand, you might need a couple of rolls, just FYI)
- 1 roll Bounty Advanced (although this is just for clean-up, so you’ll probably only need a few sheets, and that’s up to you–but it’s Bounty’s most absorbent paper towel vs. National Bounty Select-A-Size Towels, so it’ll work best for getting the rainbow clean mud off the table)
How to Make Easy DIY Rainbow Clean Mud
- Separate the water into 5 small bowls.
- Add 3-5 drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Add 1/5 of the Dawn Platinum Advance Power to each of the bowls.
- Stir gently until the food coloring is consistent throughout.
- Tear the Charmin Ultra Soft into single sheets into the 5 bowls.
- Allow the liquid mixture to fully soak into the Charmin Ultra Soft, stir a little if necessary.
- Place all 5 colors of the clean mud into a large bowl.
- Add children for maximum fun. Heh.
I hope you enjoy your batch of Easy DIY Rainbow Clean Mud as much as we did–all sorts of good, clean silliness. LOL!