Disney princesses are one of the most popular themes for little girls’ birthdays–It’s like you can’t avoid it even if you wanted to (because, frankly, I kind of do). But, if you think you’re going to have to shell out a lot of money to have a Disney themed party, think again. There are so many hacks you can use to save money. Whether you shop the dollar store for supplies or do a photo shoot for the party favors, these 6 Simple Hacks for Saving Money on a Disney Princess Party are totally worth the painfully-pink-overload you’re about to undertake.
6 Simple Hacks for Saving Money on a Disney Princess Party
- Shop the Dollar Store. The dollar store has so many themed party supplies. You can almost always find Disney princess stuff. Even if you don’t find EXACTLY Disney-themed awesomeness, you can get colored napkins, plates, etc that match the theme. You can also find balloons and those little party favors that everyone feels like they have to have (even though they just go in the trash…). There are just so many things you can find at only $1 per item, this will save so much money.
- Hit Amazon. They have ridiculously low prices on decorations for parties. Honestly. And you can buy one of those “whole party” kits for less than $10. That’s a win in my book. And, you also save on gas, since you’re not driving all over the place trying to find ridiculously pink crowns for the attendees to wear. Heh.
- Make Use of All Those Stickers. If you can’t find Disney princess party supplies on the cheap, you can make your own AND use up all those silly stickers you bought your kid a week ago (that she still hasn’t touched). Find cups and plates and other things in a color that matches the theme (pink is always good) and then use those Disney princess stickers EVERYWHERE. You can even stick them on balloons and banners. These stickers are so easy to find in a variety of sizes. Start by checking the dollar store, but you can find cheap stickers anywhere.
- The Cake. Make your own cake or, in case you hadn’t noticed, grocery stores have amazing prices on party cakes. You can save so much off what you would pay at an expensive bakery. They also have so many great designs to choose from. Some bakeries even offer the option to put a photo on a cake. If your daughter has been to Disney World, and had a photo taken with her favorite princess, get that photo added to the cake.
- Invite a “Real” Princess. Get a friend to dress up as your child’s favorite princess and come to the party. Your child will be so excited and your friend will get to live the dream of being a princess. You can find Disney princess costumes in most costume shops or they can be ordered online–and they’re not super-expensive (and will create crazy-cool memory, to boot). The key is to choose a friend your child doesn’t know very well so she can’t guess who it is (because what’s the fun in that?!). No princess? No problem. Just get a cheap plastic photo backdrop with Belle or Rapunzel. It won’t be AS cool as a real princess, but it will still be fun.
- Do a Photo Shoot. Last, but not least, do a photo shoot with the princess. Hang a sheet for a backdrop or do the photos outside against a tree line or rosebush. If you have a camera that spits out photos, you can then give the photos to the guests as party favors. It’s great entertainment and a great party favor.
Basically, if you’re creative, and use these 6 Simple Hacks for Saving Money on a Disney Princess Party, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to have an awesome party. Here’s some great kits and odds-and-ends I found at Amazon, to kill some time while I’m riding in the back of my mom’s car on a roadtrip. LOL!
Disney Princess Party Decoration Kit, 7pcDisney Princess Party Decorating KitHallmark 221664 Disney Fanciful Princess CenterpieceDisney Princess Party Favor Goodie Gift Bag – 6Disney Princess Royal Event Door CurtainDisney Princess Dream Party – Party Favor Value PackDisney Princess Sparkle Paper Cups Hot and Cold Beverage Drink Birthday Party Disposable Tableware (8 Pack), Pink, 9 oz.Disney Princess Ultimate Party Kit – (96 Pieces) Party In A BoxDisney Princess Royal Event ChandelierDisney Princess Photo Booth Props, 8pcDisney Princess Royal Event Backdrop KitAmerican Greetings Disney Princess Lunch Napkins, 16 Count, Party Supplies NoveltyDisney Princess Royal Event CenterpieceDisney Princess Party Favor Set – 6 Packs (42 Pcs)Disney Princess Royal Event Birthday BannerDisney Princess Photo Kit, Backdrop and Props, Party SuppliesDecopac Disney Princess Happily Ever After Signature DecoSet Cake TopperDisney Princess Party Straws, 24ct3D Hanging Disney Princess DecorationDisney Princess Sparkle Birthday Party Scene Setters Wall Decorating Kit (5 Pack), Pink, 59Disney Princess Sparkle Swirls Birthday Party Decorating Kit (12 Pack), Purple/Pink, .Disney Princess Sparkle Wand Birthday Party Favour (12 Pack), Multi Color, 6 5/8Disney Princess Party Supplies Ultimate Set (150 Pieces) — Party Favors, Birthday Party Decorations, Plates, Cups, Napkins, Table Cover and More!Anagram International Disney Princess 3rd Birthday Castle-Flat Party Balloon, 35Carriage Disney Princess Pinata, Pull StringDisney Princess Party Pack. Contains 24 Disney Princess Plates, 24 Disney Princess Cups, 24 Disney Princess Party Invitations, 32 Disney Princess Party Lunch Napkins. Bundle of 11.Roommates Rmk1470Scs Disney Princess Peel & Stick Wall Decals With GemsDisney Princess Small Hand Bag for Little Girl -71 X Bouquet: Princess Birthday Cake Bouquet BalloonsDisney Princess Tissue Paper Fan Decorations, 3ct
Seriously, nothing like all the pink to make you want to be sick all over the cake. Well, at least it won’t make your wallet sick. LOL! So, just in case this wasn’t ENOUGH pink for you, make sure to pin these 6 Simple Hacks for Saving Money on a Disney Princess Party so you can come back to it time and again, every year, from here until she’s 15 (when she goes through that black phase–heh).