I only had a handful of strawberries left (thanks to soe strawberry theives that are about 2-feet tall, but that shall remain unnamed–maybe), but I managed to make them go pretty far and able to enjoy them SO MUCH when I whipped-up this Strawberry Shortcake Chia Pudding. Yeah–and then I made it again a couple day ago when I had more strawberries. Best.
Dessert, ehem, Breakfast. Ever.
As you must know by now, I’m a little in love with strawberries. I almost always have some on hand and have been known to go a little nuts with making all sorts of yummy strawberry-stuff. AND, I’ve become kind of enamored with the whole chia pudding thing. Easiest breakfast I’ve found that really fills me up and makes me happy. So, really, it was no surprise that I married the two. And, to be honest, I didn’t really like pudding all that much until I made chia pudding…so, this Strawberry Shortcake Chia Pudding really is coming out of left field. Except that now I love pudding. Wait. Now I’m confused.
Regardless, I love it. And I hope you do, too. Because it’s totally delicious. And well worth the couple of minutes it takes to throw together the night before. Oh, right, because you didn’t know that–yeah, this is like overnight oats, only better. Because it’s pudding. And strawberries. Heh.
Strawberry Shortcake Chia Pudding
- 4 tblspn chia seeds
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk (like what you use for cereal)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ½ tspn almond extract (you can replace with lemon extract, but I prefer almond)
- ½ of a banana (it's ok if you just eat the other half in the evening--no one is going to tattle)
- ½ cup strawberries
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Mix coconut milk, honey, banana, extracts and ⅓ of the strawberries together in a blender for about 3 mintues or until smooth.
- Stir-in chia seeds, making sure to stir them in well, leaving no clumps.
- Slice ½ of the remaining strawberries and line your cup or jar for a little surprise bite...
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator, top with remaining strawberry slices and a little mint, if you're silly like me! Eep!
So, once you’ve made a breakfast of your Strawberry Shortcake Chia Pudding, be sure to drop me a line and let me know what you think. I am seriously in love–and hope you are, too. Just hit me up with a comment below–or find me over on Facebook! And, if you’re just in love with this recipe, but want a way to spice it up, be sure to check out the Banana Nut Bread Chia Pudding I made after I ran out of strawberries. Heh.