I’m so excited that I came up with this awesome Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box for Mom–I can barely contain myself. A delicious, light lunch that takes just minutes to make, this bento box, featuring the Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon and Eat Smart Gourmet Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad, is a VERY good lunch to take to work, since it travels well and heats-up nicely. Plus, it tastes amazing. Can’t go wrong with an amazing lunch, can you? LOL!
I’ve been bored with my lunches lately (do I have to have one more ham-and-cheese sammie, please, no?!), so I’ve been trying to mix it up–and I’ve been trying to make ’em a little healthier, you know? Since it’sNational Nutrition Month, that seemed like a good idea. So, I picked up a schlew (that’s a word, right?) of Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits, since they’re a conveniently delicious way to eat healthy every day. And my lunches took a dramatic turn for the better…
My favorite is the Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad kit. It boasts six superfoods, and includes savoy, red, AND green cabbage, carrots and kale (awesome, right?). This rockin’ blend of veggies is enhanced by preservative free toppings including cashews, sesame sticks and a sweet sesame dressing (which I can’t get enough of). It was this salad that inspired me to whip-up the Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box.
What’s in My Bento Box for Mom?
- Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon (recipe below–hold your horses)
- Steamed Rice
- Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits – Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit
- California Roll Rice Balls (recipe coming soon to the blog)
- California Spring Rolls (don’t worry, I’ll get you a recipe on the blog soon for this one, too…)
The Recipe for Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 Medium Salmon Steak, thawed
- 1 tblspn Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tblspn Soy Sauce
- 1 tspn Honey
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tspn water
- Heat pan over high heat.
- While that's heating, combine the salt, honey and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the pan is hot, coat the bottom with the soy sauce, then immediately place the salmon in the pan, skin-side down.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high.
- Coat the top of the salmon with the teriyaki sauce mixture.
- After approximately 2 minutes, flip the salmon.
- Once the salmon is cooked all the way through (an additional 2-5 minutes, depending on your pan and the heat settings), remove from the pan and place in your bed of rice.
- Add the water to the slurry left in the pan and stir over low heat for one to two minutes to make the glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon....mmm...
- Pack that lunch up and be prepared for the best lunch you've had all week.
Though the salmon pretends it’s the star, it’s really the salad that ultimately makes the bento box. I mean, the dressing is so awesome…the greens are crisp. I dig into that first, then use the dressing as a dipping sauce for everything else…LOL!
So, what other things should I toss in my Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box for Mom? Hit me up with a comment and let me know. And don’t forget to sign up for the e-blast at the bottom of Eat Smart’s website, and wander over to their Eat Smart on Facebook and give ’em a like. You’ll get all sorts of awesome, delicious ideas for those rockin’ gourmet salad kits!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.