[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”5IjbxGyK” upload-date=”2019-03-12T15:00:00.000Z” name=”Golden Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs” description=”Easy Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs made by combining coconut oil, gold glitter, citric acid and a ton of other things to make an amazing bath bomb.”]I made these Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs and I cannot be more jazzed about having a bath. The sad thing? My kids now want to take a bath with me. Sigh.
Seriously, I thought that if I made them one of these Bath Bombs, there’d be no reason for them to be squealing at the bathroom door how they wanted to do the thing with the Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs.
But, alas, I was wrong.
These snotty little monsters so totally want in on the Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs in a way that can only be described as “rabid intensity.”
Yeah. That bad.
I mean, look, I get it, bath bombs are fun.
And unicorn horns are fun.
And then you combine those two things and it’s like “YES! THAT! SO FUN I MUST!”
But, really, kids.
I just wanted like 15 mintues in the bathtub alone.
Mommy promises she’s make some Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs just for you two…now shove-off.
Now, if you’re wanting 15 minutes alone, and you have little kids in tow, you’re now aware that you need to make at least 2 batches of Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs.
No kids? You’re fine, just be ready to enjoy some sweet bubbly goodness on your own and be secure in the knowledge that you will not have to fight with kids.
Ok. So, here’s what you’re going to need to make these amazing Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs that you might not have just laying around the house:
- Citric Acid (buy it in bulk or on Amazon to get a better price)
- White Bentonite or Kaolin Clay
- Polysorbate 80 – This helps distribute the coconut oil evenly through the bath bombs and keeps the color from sticking to the sides of your tub, so you really want it.
- Bubblegum Scented Oil
- Gold Mica Powder
- Gold Cosmetic Glitter
- Unicorn Horn Popsicle Mold
But, don’t let this list intimidate you! They’re actually REALLY easy.
Just check out this quick slideshow video I made to see!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”5IjbxGyK” upload-date=”2019-03-12T15:00:00.000Z” name=”Golden Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs” description=”Easy Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs made by combining coconut oil, gold glitter, citric acid and a ton of other things to make an amazing bath bomb.”]
And, while you wait for that order from Amazon to come in, be sure to pin this recipe for Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs so that you can find it again when you get your goodies on hand…
Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs
I made these Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs and I cannot be more jazzed about having a bath. The sad thing? My kids now want to take a bath with me. Sigh.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup SLSA
- 1/2 cup white bentonite or kaolin clay
- 2 tablespoons. Polysorbate 80
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Bubblegum scented oil
- 3-4 tablespoons divided gold mica powder (Get it on Amazon)
- 1-2 tablespoons gold cosmetic glitter
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Unicorn Horn Popsicle Mold
- In a large mixing bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, SLSA, and clay.
- Add coconut oil and polysorbate 80.
- Add the bubblegum scented oil.
- Add the gold mica powder and glitter to the bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until it is the texture of wet sand and holds together when pressed in your hand. If you need more color or glitter, add a bit, mix and repeat until you get the color you want. Save at least 2 tablespoons of the gold mica for step 13.
- In each cavity of the mold, add your mixture and press firmly into mold. Allow to dry at least 48 hours or until completely dry. If you don’t let it dry completely, it will break when you try to take the horns our of the mold.
- When ready to remove, place a large plate or cutting board over the mold and gently flip over. CAREFULLY tap each horn with a spoon and allow each mold to slide onto the plate or cutting board. Dip the pad of your index finger into the gold mica and gently rub over the entire surface of the horn. Repeat dipping finger in when needed. Allow mica to dry for about an hour before touching.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Drop one in the bath when ready to use! These smell AMAZINGLY just like a unicorn (hee hee hee)!!!