As a mom, my job is to keep my kids healthy and make sure that they get everything that they need on a daily basis. As a mom of four tiny humans, that’s a seriously tough job. Have you ever tried to force a toddler to eat their veggies at dinner? It’s not a pretty sight! Thankfully, I’m on my third toddler and by now I’ve learned these 5 crazy hacks for getting toddlers to eat veggies!
5 Crazy Hacks for Getting Toddlers to Eat Veggies
- Hide your kids’ veggies – Seriously, y’all, when you hide those veggies your kids will eat them without a single complaint! One of my favorite ways to hide veggies is with Gerber Lil Beanies! My toddler thinks they’re Cheetos, so don’t ruin my secret, k?
- Make veggies tasty! – There is no reason why your kids need to have yucky mushy flavorless veggies. Give them vegetables that have seasoning and your kids will put up much less of a fight.
- Eat your own veggies – In a perfect world, your kids will see you eating your veggies and they’ll eat their veggies too! So make a big point of eating your veggies and smiling while you do it!
- Give the Baby Some – Kids instantly have to have whatever their siblings have. It’s basically science. So give the baby some veggies (or some of the Gerber Lil Beanies broken apart) and your toddler will want ALLTHEVEGGIES.
- Bribe when you have to – I won’t tell if you don’t. Sometimes you just have to bribe your kids. Get a cookie for dessert, but only after you eat all of the veggies on your plate! My toddler will do almost anything for a cookie, and I’m willing to bet yours will too!
I pinky promise, with these 5 crazy hacks for getting toddlers to eat veggies your kids will be begging for veggies all the time. My toddler has sensory processing disorder, so getting him to eat anything he doesn’t like is a huge struggle. If these hacks work for my kiddo, they’ll work for anyone! When we added the Lil Beanies as our go-to snack option, all of my kids instantly started eating more vegetables. This stuff is like magic, heh!
If you’re ready to use these 5 crazy hacks for getting toddlers to eat veggies, stop by your local Walmart and grab some Gerber Lil Beanies to make your life so much easier! As I mentioned, my toddler thinks they’re Cheetos, which really helps with the bribing. Can you imagine if you’re bribing your kid with “chips” after they eat their veggies and the “chips” actually have veggies in them too?? That’s a serious mom-win. So just trust me, go to your local Walmart and grab some Gerber Lil Beanies, and if you aren’t doing that right this second, make sure you pin this post to come back to when your toddler refuses their vegetables!