(Inside: Glutton for tasty apple pie? But no apple pie handy? Think it’s tacky to eat pie for breakfast? It’s ok. I have you covered with this ridiculously tasty Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal. Best breakfast-dessert crossover ever.)
My mom used to have these ridiculous “rules” when I was growing up.
Something about “you can only have cake for breakfast the day after someone’s birthday.”
Of course, I would try to tell her that everyday was the day after SOMEBODY’S birthday.
She wasn’t buying it.
The same with pies.
She was all hung up on not having pie for breakfast–as if there was some rule that I was violating just by asking.
In response, I have made this most delicious Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal.
Now she’ll never really know if I’m having dessert or a healthy bowl ‘o oats-and-fruit…
I mean, it’s not like I’m some kind of rabid gutton that’s waiting to have a giant double-chocolate devils-food eat-the-whole-cake breakfast every day.
But a little Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal once or twice a week is NOT going to kill anyone.
Just, in case, though, don’t tell my mom. Heh.
And, you know, while we’re sharing secrets–if you don’t have everything you need to make this awesome Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal, you can pin it.
And you should.
That way you have the recipe handy when you’re ready to make it.
Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal
Glutton for tasty apple pie? But no apple pie handy? Think it's tacky to eat pie for breakfast? It's ok. I have you covered with this ridiculously tasty Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal. Best breakfast-dessert crossover ever.
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk like what you use for cereal
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn butter
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn salt
- ½ tspn lemon extract
- 1 medium diced & peeled fresh apple (granny smith
- Mix coconut milk, honey, extract, butter, salt, cinnamon and 1/2 of the diced apple together in a blender for about 3 mintues or until smooth.
- Stir-in oats.
- Stir in the remaining apple (and drizzle with more honey, if you're honey-crazy like me).
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and enjoy while you hide from your kiddos. LOL!