I’ve had a kind of rough-go of things in the past few
weeks months, though I’m really not one to complain. No, really, I generally don’t complain except to my mom. I have this “roll-with-the-punches” attitude and can go for a long time without venting to anyone–and even when I do, venting usually consists of jokes about things and shrugging of shoulders to show I try not to don’t let this stuff bother me. Even with all that was going on, I was still holding my cool. And that’s when I found out that my birth control pill was making me fat…
So, I’m venting. Sharing why my life
suddenly always feels like a constant drama–a fast-paced one at that. Give me a minute. I really need it.
- First, I was pregnant for what felt like 85 years with the worst case of hormone-fever. Which meant I didn’t want to eat, but wanted to eat everything. Which meant I was irritable. Call me hangry, depreous (depressed and nauseous), and weeply (weepy and sleepy).
- Then I had a baby in an emergency c-section type scenario. Panic attack city.
- Well, after the most traumatic birth I can imagine, the baby had to be in the NICU. Enough said. For two weeks. Again, enough said.
- All of this with a near-2 year old. A very energetic one.
- And an angry 13-year old son. Very angry.
- Oh, and my dog ate some plastic, had a bowel obstruction and had to have surgery. Emergency surgery. Suuuuuck.
- One of my family members, to whom I am very attached was diagnosed with a cancer. And I won’t say who it is because it’s their news to share or not. But I am sorely affected. My heart is broken, even though everything will be ok. It will. End of story.
- My husband got sick with a terrible head-cold. And my son. And my near-2 year old. And the baby. And me. I did not have time for me to be sick.
- At this point, I decided to quit the world’s most awesome job working with one of my very best friends doing the world’s most cool thing. I didn’t have time to do it anymore because OMG, I don’t have time for anything. Anything.
- Did I mention the near-2 year old? VERY ENERGETIC.
- And that’s when I found out that my birth control pill was making me gain weight…the only thing I had going for me (the very only-est thing) was that I was losing weight after I had the baby. And now I’m not. Even though I quit that stupid pill just a month after starting it. Son. Of. A. B**CH.
This is me hoping that things turn around soon. S-O-O-N.