(Inside: The easiest homemade baked taquitos recipe you will ever find. No, seriously. These Easy Oven Baked Taquitos are the bomb. If you look through all the baked taquito recipes today, you’ll see, these homemade baked taquitos are hands-down the simplest to make.)
My son is not a picky eater.
He’s pretty open to having whatever and whenever.
Unless the choice is Mexican food–then he has some favorites that he’ll always pick over the others.
One of his most favorites is Easy Oven Baked Taquitos.
I made these when he was 7 for the first time, about a week after we adopted him.
From that moment on, he could not get enough.
It was kind of by chance that I made the Oven Baked Taquitos for him the first time.
He was so little and wasn’t sure how to communicate what he wanted to eat…but the way he packed those taquitos away–it was something else.
I wish I’d gotten pictures of the first time he ate them–those wide eyes and excited smiles.
Just gave him a little cup of sour cream and a drizzle of salsa…he was a happy, happy boy.
And I was a happy, happy mom, since I was able to have a few of these homemade baked taquitos, too! LOL!
I mean, I just love having homemade taquitos baked! Leaving out all the oil from frying and whatnot?!
And of all the baked taquito recipes, this one is genuinely the easiest I’ve found…although I guess I am kind of partial.
I mean, since my mom taught me how to make taquitos in the oven when I was a kid…and this is THAT recipe, well…
And, just in case you’re wondering, I do love a good oven baked taquito, and this is what I use to make them…
What You Need to Make Homemade Baked Taquitos
Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware 12-by-9-Inch Covered Rectangular Dish, Cerise (Cherry Red)
No, really, a stoneware dish is so much better for cooking taquitos in…
I think it allows more airflow or something? I don’t know. I just know it’s like using a pizza stone for a pizza–it makes it crispier.
And then you have to have a tortilla warmer–if you haven’t used one, you’re really missing out.
So, will you be making a big batch of Easy Oven Baked Taquitos for your kiddos this evening? Let me know how they turn out! Just drop me a line in the comments below…
And while you’re at it, since you know all about how to make taquitos in the oven now, you just go ahead and pin this recipe for homemade baked taquitos and that way you won’t have to look for it when you make them next…
Easy Oven Baked Taquitos
My son has some favorite foods that he'll always pick over the others. One of his most favorites is Easy Oven Baked Taquitos. And that boy can pack 'em away!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked (or 1 large can shredded chicken)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tblspn canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese, if desired
- 2 tbspn homemade taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Chop the onion into very small bits.
- In a small pan, place the onion, homemade taco seasoning, canola oil and chicken.
- Shred the chicken while you cook over medium heat until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to the touch.
- Place about 3 tblspns of meat in the center of the tortilla across the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half over the meat, then roll tightly.
- Repeat with all 12 tortillas.
- Place taquitos in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool before you chow down in a fest of awesome.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g