I am SO EXCITED about sharing this cute Alphabet Rainbow Gel Painting Tray with you guys. Seriously, this was probably the most brilliant sensory tray/alphabet learning game I’ve come up with to date. My little toddler had her hands in this before I could get it off the kitchen counter and onto the table…and played with it for over an hour. So. Much. Fun.
The only thing I wish I’d done with this tray was put it on top of a sheet of kraft paper to help absorb some of the oil that came out of the tray. LOL! Because, seriously, cleaning the Alphabet Rainbow Gel Painting Tray was NOT as fun as making it or playing with it. Heh.
But, let’s be honest, that’s how it is with any good sensory tray, right? I mean, you can’t keep that rice in the bucket or the nature items in the bowl–and certainly, it would be NO fun if the alphabet glitter soup didn’t spill out at times…
So, don’t let a lack of kraft paper stop you (I didn’t). Just hand that toddler a tray of colored gel to trace their letters in! You won’t be sad. Heh.
What You Need to Make the Alphabet Rainbow Gel Painting Tray
- 2 cups baby oil GEL
- 4 different gel food colors
- 1 paper towel
- Small tray
- Permanent marker
- Sheet of kraft paper
How to Make the Alphabet Rainbow Gel Painting Tray
- Split the baby oil gel into 4 small bowls.
- Mix 5 drops of the food coloring into the baby oil gel.
- Stir until completely consistent in color. Set aside.
- On your paper towel, write the letters of the alphabet you’re currently working on.
- Lay the paper towel in the bottom of your tray.
- Pour the different color oils side-by-side in the tray over the paper towel.
- Place on a sheet of kraft paper on a flat surface.
- Add one crazy-texture-loving toddler!
How long do you think your toddler is going to play with the Alphabet Rainbow Gel Painting Tray? And? How long did they???? Drop me a line in the comments below–I’m sure it’s going to be a good-long time! LOL!