I was bored the other afternoon. My mother-in-love had taken the girls for the day and I wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself. I mean, I had all these chores to do, but I wanted to make it special…because i hardly ever get a moment to myself. So, it seemed like a great idea to celebrate with something super-yummy. So, I made a Vegan Orange Creamsicle Float. I mean, how is that NOT a celebration of awesome?! LOL!
So, I used to get a great orange creamsicle float at a little diner in town when I was a kid. Something about that orange and vanilla mixing just made me a happy camper. So, I thought it would do the trick again. And I was right. All those nostalgic memories came back. It was kind of nice. Just having a moment to be alone and reminisce on the hot afternoon sun beating down on my little 10-year old shoulders…and the cold, cold, dreamy orange. I loved it then and I really loved it now.
And the fun part that really got me? I didn’t have to share it. Because, like any toddler-mom, I share all my food now. Like ALL my food. I looked over the other afternoon at lunch and saw that one of the kids had taken my last taco and dumped it all over the floor. She hadn’t even eaten it. That little nut had just dumped it out everywhere.
So, enjoying that little (heh, ok, it was BIG) vegan orange creamsicle float was all mine. ALLL MIIIIINE! Hehehehe. (this is me rubbing my hands together greedily).
I can’t wait until the next time I have a few minutes alone. Can’t wait to see what my bored-mommy mind comes up with then. Heh.
Vegan Orange Creamsicle Float Recipe
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tspn vanilla extract (depending on how vanilla-ey you like it--I like it A LOT vanilla-ey for creamsicle...)
- 1 can or bottle (I like bottles, me) of orange soda
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours.
- Scoop some heaping scoops of ice cream into your serving glass...gently pour your orange soda onto your ice cream...(waaait for it...waaaaait for it...)
- Enjoy! (lol!)
Are you planning on having a moment alone? I’d love to hear if you seize the moment and make a little vegan orange creamsicle float for yourself. Leave me a comment below or find me on Facebook (I’d love to have earned your like!).