This post contains affiliate links.
I started to title this “5-Minute”…but I just couldn’t! If you add up all the time, it’s going to total 6 minutes! I tried really hard to make another 5-minute meal, but the pasta just won’t cook in less than 5-1/2 minutes, unless you can somehow preheat the liquid. But, regardless, this is a fantastic recipe! My hubby and I just had 6-Minute Pepperoni Pasta with Provolone for supper. Sorry! There weren’t any leftovers or you could pop over and have a taste. Next time I’ll make a double batch, for sure.
Just so you know, this post contains affiliate links. So if you’re planning to order something from Amazon today, it would be great if you would click through from the NerdyMamma website to help support us and keep our funness hitting the interwebs. Heh.
6-Minute Pepperoni Pasta with Provolone
- 1 large can Diced Tomatoes
- ½ can Water
- 1 package Pepperoni
- 2 servings Angelhair Pasta
- 2 slices Provolone Cheese
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp chopped dried Onion
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp Celery Seed
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 small can sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- Take a bunch of Angelhair Pasta (about 1-1/2 inches in diameter) and break in half or fourths.
- Place the broken pasta in a 2-quart microwaveable bowl.
- Pour ¼ of the can of diced Tomatoes and the Mushrooms (no need to drain) on top of the pasta.
- Add the dried spices to the Tomatoes still in the can, stir then add to the tomato and pasta mixture.
- Stir in ½ can of Water.
- Cover and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in Pepperoni, cover and cook for one additional minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Place cheese on top and microwave for 30 seconds. Serve.
I hope you enjoy the 5-Minute Pepperoni Pasta with Provolone. Be sure to let us know how you like it, or if you have suggestions. And don’t forget to like NerdyMamma on Facebook!