Ok, so I am a little in love with the idea of putting my breakfast in the refrigerator overnight, then waking in the morning to find it all ready and waiting for me. Aaaand, I don’t know if you’ve ever had a cold cobbler, but it’s amazing. So, when I had an idea the other night to marry the two? It was like the biggest light blub on the face of the planet just lit-up over my head. I felt like a rockstar genius. Well, of the breakfast-cobbler variety. Heh. So, maybe you should just go on and enjoy this recipe for the Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats. It’s kind of the best thing I’ve eaten this week. Heh.
Are you seeing these pictures? Yea, kinda a great and wonderful idea, huh? All cold and waiting for a yummy noise. You know the noise–mmmmm…It just comes naturally with the first bite of the Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats. Naturally. Mmmmm…LOL!
The best part is that it tastes just like a cold peach cobbler. A really cold, fresh peach cobbler all for you. All. For. You. That made me smile. Until my toddler insisted on a bite. Then it wasn’t for me anymore, but for me, the toddler and the other toddler.
I should have made two. Heh.
I’m dying to know what your thoughts are. Do you drool a little with the thought of these Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats in the refrigerator, waiting for you? I couldn’t wait to get into the fridge in the morning. Honestly.
So, yeah, drop me a line in the comments. Let me know how yours turn out. Heh.
Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- ½ cup dry oats
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk (like what you use for cereal)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ¼ tspn salt
- ½ tspn almond extract (you can replace with lemon extract, but I prefer almond)
- ½ of a banana (it's ok if you just eat the other half in the evening--no one is going to tattle)
- ¾ cup diced fresh peach
- Mix coconut milk, honey, banana, extracts and ⅓ of the peaches together in a blender for about 3 mintues or until smooth.
- Stir-in oats.
- Top with the remaining peaches (and drizzle with more honey, if you're honey-crazy like me).
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and enjoy while you hide from your kiddos. LOL!