Ok. This is perhaps the most ridiculously awesome (and oddly fun) cupcake I’ve ever had the pleasure to even BE in the same room as. Als0: easiest EVER to decorate. Seriously, you can’t mess it up. My friends, I present to you the most awesome of Halloween cupcake recipes: The Murdered Cupcake Recipe. Randomly, it’s also gluten-free. Because that’s how I roll, baby.
Just to make you feel a little better about eating Murdered Cupcakes, they’re totally strawberry flavor. You know, in case you thought maybe they were like, I don’t know, blood flavor or something equally odd. Nope. Just plain-ole strawberry cupcakes. That have been murdered. Like a sheet of glass fell on them. But intentionally. And candy glass.
Frankly, I think I might try to come up with other reasons besides Halloween to have Murdered Cupcakes. I know they wouldn’t really be appropriate for Valentines, but maybe I can come up with some reason for–nope…just Halloween. Man, that sucks. I’ll just have to come up with something else for other holidays. LOL!
What you Need to Make Murdered Cupcakes
Alright, so that’s really all, oh, and the recipe stuff below, right? Well, you check that out and make your grocery list. But, before you head off to the store, pin this, so you can find it when you get back home and are all set to get bakin’.
Murdered Cupcakes Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups gluten-free Flour mix...I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tspn white Vinegar
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring
- 5-10 drops red food coloring...for effect
- Some candy glass and cream cheese icing.
- Make candy glass. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Place paper baking cups in 12 muffin tins.
- Cream the Butter or Margarine and gradually add Sugar.
- Add egg and beat well. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Add ⅓ of dry ingredient mixture to butter and sugar mixture, mix.
- Combine Milk, Vinegar, Food Coloring and Flavoring, and add ⅓ of milk and flavoring mixture to other mixture, mix well.
- Alternately add ⅓ of dry ingredients and ⅓ of milk and flavoring, mixing well between additions.
- Fill cupcake cups about ½ to ⅔ full.
- Bake for approximately 12 - 14 minutes.
- Once cupcakes are baked set them aside to cool. While they cool make the frosting.
- Frost cupcakes leaving about ½ cup of frosting off to the side.
- In a microwave safe bowl place the ½ cup of unused frosting into the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and add in 3-5 drops of red food dye. Stir smooth.
- Using a butter knife drip the red frosting on top of the frosted cupcakes to create blood splatter.
- Stick in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow that to set.
- Remove from the fridge and insert candy glass into the top of each cupcake. About three slices fits nice without overwhelming the cupcake.
- Grab edible blood and drip over the decorated cupcakes.