There’s only one thing better than a big bowl of Homemade Macaroni and Cheese: Loaded Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. And, who do you know that doesn’t love mac-n-cheese? Or bacon? Does it surprise you that these two should be married? It shouldn’t. So, eat, my friends, and enjoy.
This is a great, quick meal in itself. Just put this on the table with a side salad, and you’ve got a great dish for the family or friends. And, this is one of those “never-fail” recipes. No way can you go wrong–and there are almost never any leftovers. But, if there are leftovers, they will keep in the fridge for a few days, them warm them up in the microwave, and this dish will taste like you just cooked it! I liked to make this when my son and his friends were kids–you know how teen boys are, they can just eat and eat and never get full. So, I would make them a batch of Loaded Bacon Macaroni and Cheese and they’d polish it off, but they’d all be smiling. Literally–Never Fail.
Makes a great casserole dish for pot-lucks, too. It’s just super-versatile! Anyway. I hope you enjoy it. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook…we’d love to share more with you! LOL!
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 cups cooked Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 cups grated Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ pound Bacon
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Prepare Macaroni according to package directions.
- While Macaroni is cooking, cook bacon, place on paper towel to drain and cool. DO NOT THROW OUT THE GREASE YET.
- When bacon is cool enough to handle, break bacon into bite-sized pieces. Set aside
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain and return it to the pot you cooked it in.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and drizzle over the noodles. Stir until noodles are coated.
- Add milk, 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Sour Cream, and Sun Dried Tomatoes. Stir over low heat until cheddar cheese is melted.
- Pour into 3 or 4 quart ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with remaining grated Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese begins to brown
- Top with Bacon and Green Onions, serve.
Let me know how your Loaded Bacon Macaroni and Cheese turns-out! I’m excited to hear your feedback!