Look, my kids really love Halloween (could there be any lamer way to describe their absolute joy?!), but the thing is, I struggle with how far out they want to “play Halloween”. I mean, it’s like August ends and they’re wanting to get their costumes ready and, then, after the actual day, they’re wanting to play dress-up and go trick-or-treating for a month. Kind of like Easter, it’s the never-ending-holiday. This year, we’re celebrating with treats and this awesome Halloween Candy Corn Hot Cocoa Recipe. My son absolutely loves candy corn, so this is the perfect treat for him–and lemme just say, it’s kinda my favorite hot cocoa recipe, too.
My mom assures me that it’s not just MY kids that want to “play Halloween” all the time–just mine that are so very lucky to have a mom that indulges them–in February. Heh. Either way, I plan on milking this Candy Corn Hot Cocoa. As long as I can find candy corn, this is going to be my go-to at-home hot-drink for as long as they’ll let me. Let me say this: I love candy corn. Pretty much my favorite candy ever, besides Skittles.
That makes me kind of want Skittles Hot Cocoa now. Well, now we know what will be on the agenda next. Dang it. LOL! Regardless, I’m going to go enjoy another cup of Candy Corn Hot Cocoa. Because I’m out of Skittles. LOL!
What You Need to Have on Hand to Make Candy Corn Hot Cocoa
Candy Corn Flavoring Oil 1 ozCake Mate Decors Halloween Mix 6.5oz 6 VarietiesStephen’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa, White Chocolate, 16-Ounce CanCandy Corn Oreos Limited EditionBrach’s Mini Candy Corn, 14 Ounces
Alright, since it’s like 8 million years until Halloween for real, you just feel free to pin this Halloween Candy Corn Hot Cocoa Recipe so that you can have it ready on the big night. Or, just be like me, and make it for the kids in the MONTHS leading up. LOL!
Halloween Candy Corn Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 1 cup Water (for a more creamy texture use milk)
- 3 heaping tbsp white chocolate hot cocoa
- 1 tbsp Candy Corn Flavoring Oil
- Copper Gel Food Dye
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Corn
- In a small to medium saucepan bring water to boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling add in flavoring oil of choice and white chocolate hot cocoa. Whisk and keep a close eye on it -- this will boil over quickly.
- Once completely mixed together (no visible chunks) remove from heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While it cools grab your stuff! You will need sprinkles, candy corn, and whipped cream.
- Once cooled transfer to the cups of your choice. Make sure it isn't steaming because the whipped cream will melt quickly if it is. Apply whipped cream, sprinkles, and candy corn.
- Stick a straw in and enjoy!