This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I will not lie. The best thing about being pregnant was the no-period thing. No, really–I really liked that. Everything else was pretty miserable, but the not having a period? Awesome. And I was sad when I stopped breastfeeding because…you guessed it–that evil period came back. But with it came a sweet and fun recipe that I only make for myself “that week” (meaning the week leading up to and about another half-week during–because my miserable-time is all about hormones). Gluten-Free and Vegan Pound Cake made with coconut sugar, coconut milk, and a whole lotta yum. If my husband or son touches this cake….oh, they best watch out…
No, really, they should worry. I might bite off a finger. This Gluten-Free and Vegan Pound Cake is seriously to die for. And it’s so unique in it’s flavor, but fun. I don’t know–it’s a real treat. Kind of like finding these U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads at Walmart the other day…when getting the ingredients for my “special cake”.
They have this Unique 3D Capture Core* with Xpress DRI* cover for crazy fast absorption to help stop leaks (which drive me nuts) and they stay in place with their specially-shaped wings…which saves my sanity. And then there’s the U by Kotex® Barely There Liners which are so comfy I hardly know they’re there. Which is almost as good as going commando–but without being sad about messing-up your pants. LOL!
Gluten-Free and Vegan Pound Cake
You just try to run with scissors on this one, my lovelies. Try it. You will regret it. Heh.
- Pound Cake
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1¾ cup coconut sugar
- 16 tblspn (2 sticks) vegan butter
- 1 tblspn lemon extract
- 1 banana
- Juice from 1 can of light red kidney beans (juice only)
- Strawberry Topping
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees.
- Throw everything together for the pound cake into a blender and turn that puppy on.
- Blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While that's baking, slice the strawberries and mix in a small bowl with the coconut sugar.
- Make the caramel sauce by mixing the coconut cream and sugar together in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- Stir continuously for about 10-15 mintues or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove pound cake from the oven and make sure it's done by poking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, your cake is done. If not, put it in for another 10 minutes at a time until it is done.
- Slice, top with strawberries and caramel--and eat it all...by yourself. Because you can and it's that time of the month. That is all. Heh.
For my sane friends, here’s the recipe. You know you love me. This week, especially. LOL!
So, there it is, #WhatMatterstoU (meaning me) during the worst week(s) I’ve had since I was done breastfeeding. Not fair, universe, that when I decide I’m done making babies, you decide to keep the plumbing working…but whatever…LOL!
Wanna feel a little good about getting a good a little reward for buying your “feminine needs”? You can totally get a SNIPP when you purchase 2 packs of U by Kotex® products at Walmart (any variation), then text UbyKotex to 811811 and upload a photo of your receipt, then go to UbyKotexrewards.com and register to choose your customized reward! So super easy.
And, while you’re riding that high, hit up the social-world with a little shout-out to What Matters to U (#WhatMatterstoU)! I look forward to seeing all those pics and notes!