Here’s the thing. Sometimes, I offer to throw a little shindig and I don’t even realize it. Apparently, my husband says “hey, why don’t y’all come over on Saturday…” and then I’m putting together a party. Which is fine–I love throwing little parties. But I kind of wish I knew about them first! LOL! One of my go-to perfect appetizers I can toss on the back porch table for my guest to munch on while I finish BBQ-ing? This Easy Fruit & Shrimp Ceviche Recipe. Seriously–ready in less than 10 minutes, it seems super-fancy, but it’s really just a few simple ingredients tossed together…shhhh, don’t tell my guests. Heh.
The first time I made the Fruit & Shrimp Ceviche, it was an emergency. Now, I make it just because my guests love it so much. A fun twist on the traditional Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, I get all these lovely flavors mixing together, sitting on top of a buttery Dare Cracker (my favorite is the Dare Cabaret, but my husband prefers the Dare Brenton Original Crackers, so we keep both in the pantry). It’s like a tiny symphony for your tongue. Which is awesome.
Easy Fruit & Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Its so easy–you only need the photos (but there is a recipe, just in case).
- 1 medium mango
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- ½ cup lime juice
- Dare Crackers
- Rinse shrimp and remove shell, if necessary.
- Chop shrimp, mango, strawberry and avocados into small ¼-inch size bits.
- Pour lime juice over shrimp and allow to sit for 5 mintues (stirring periodically, to make sure lime juice fully coats the shrimp) or until shrimp turns pink, indicating it is "cooked" all the way through.
- Drain lime juice from shrimp.
- Mix shrimp with fruit and avocado.
- Stir gently so as not to break-up avocado bits.
- Serve immediately to your hungry guests!
I would love to hear how your first go at Fruit & Shrimp Ceviche turns out. Leave me a comment below to tell me just how it added to your get-together (whether it was a last-minute affair or a well-planned event, I know it’ll be a hit). And don’t forget, if you’re looking to bring some excitement to your entertaining, Dare Crackers‘ extensive varieties make entertaining a bit better–with lite options.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.