Valentine’s day isn’t just about your other half. You know your husband, boyfriend, or significant other. It’s about the love between friendships. The love between mother and son or mother and daughter. It can be so easy to loose sight in this. Every year I make sure to find something small. Something that says I love you for each of my kids. It’s a wonderful way to show them you care. It doesn’t have to be a “bought” item either. It can be homemade just like these Dipped Valentine’s Wafer Cookies.
It’s a treat you can make for them in just minutes. You can put it into small baggies that are decorated with valentines. They also work well in a tin or pastry box. If you don’t have kids then something you can do with these is a gift set. You can make some bath bombs, tea bags, and these Dipped Valentine’s Wafer Cookies.
Either way ya’ll the person that you give these to will be so happy. They will know you love them. Nothing is as sweet as a homemade treat. You can search all day trying to buy something for someone. The point is when they get something homemade you get to see the immediate enjoyment like an “Oh this tastes so good”. Just remember it’s all about the love.
This recipe is so easy!
- 1 package chocolate wafers
- 2 cups pink candy melts
- 4 tablespoons sprinkle hearts
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- In a small bowl place two cups of candy melts. Using the microwave heat these every 30 seconds with stirring until they are melted.
- Dip chocolate wafers into the candy melts. You may use a mini spatula to make sure the candy gets all around.
- Place wafers on parchment paper and top with sprinkles. Let dry for an hour. Serve.