There’s nothing I enjoy better than dinner with friends on a Friday evening. Or a Wednesday. Or a Monday afternoon. Whatever. I enjoy getting together with friends. That’s all. And, after we have a steak or some lasagna, I really, really enjoy a little casual conversation and a delicate slice of Dessert Gluten-Free & Vegan Fruit Pizza with VOVETI Prosecco. So, after a burger this weekend, guess what I made? Oh, yes, a beautiful pie and a glass of delicious.
There’s nothing like the sweet tones of cookie, bright notes of strawberry and a little sip of prosecco to make the evening just feel–I don’t know…chill. Like this weekend, when an old friend swung through town and we had a little impromptu burger. But, even though it was a regular dinner-type-meal, nothing special, the fruit pizza…well, let’s just say we finished our bottle of prosecco and there wasn’t any fruit pizza left over.
Like I said, I love a great after-dinner slice with friends. LOL!
What really makes it, though is that high quality, lovely craft prosecco. Cracking-open a bottle just ups the enjoyment for me, making a great excuse to just sit around the table and prolong our evening (I hate for our fun with friends to end early). This last weekend is a great example. You know, my friend was looking like things might be kind of awkward–that moment when winding-down is happening too early for everyone. But I popped the top on our prosecco…
You know, VOVETI only produces 15, 000 cases annually, so this chic, modern Italian prosecco is a real treat. And, it embodies affordable luxury and classic style, while still working for a great after-dinner finisher when you’ve had a simple burger with friends.
Dessert Gluten-Free & Vegan Fruit Pizza and Prosecco
- Cookie Crust
- ¾ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tblspn aquafaba
- 1 tspn vanilla extract (clear)
- 2¾ cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- 2 tblspn coconut milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Fruit Topping
- 12 strawberries
- 2 blood oranges
- 12 blackberries
- 12 raspberries
- 20 blueberries
- Mix ingredients for the cookie crust together and blend well.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour (or more).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a spring-form pan, then place the cookie crust dough in the bottom, forming it into a lightly upturned pizza crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is just browning.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on your serving dish.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Spoon the majority of the sauce onto the cookie crust and spread it out.
- Slice your strawberries and line the outside.
- And keep going, filling-in all the spaces all around the crust.
- Pop open a bottle of VOVETI Prosecco and enjoy!
So, what do you think? Gonna try a little after-dinner treat with some VOVETI Porsecco this week? Let me know how your gluten-free & vegan fruit pizza turns out by hitting me up with a comment below or over on Facebook!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.