This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#TMNT2andTyson #TMNT2 #CollectiveBias
If you’re anything like me, you’re a little in-love with Raph–I mean, Mikey. Wait, no…the whole Turtle-Team…And you’re wanting to share that deep and soul-clenching love of the Teenage-Heart-Throb-Reptiles with your kids. Or, you’re like my husband and you dress-up as a Ninja Turtle for Halloween…even as an adult. To help you seal the deal with your kids and make them feel all the turtle love, I came-up with a great recipe for Homemade Fruit Leather Masks for TMNT Snacks. Because nothing initiates kiddos into the turtle-lovin’ like a little snacky. Heh.
Oh, so, maybe the reason you’re interested in a little snack-action of the turtle-variety is because Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is releasing in theaters on June 3rd? No? Well, I am…
Maybe you’re considering doing a TMNT party for your 13 year old when his b-day rolls around? And Homemade Fruit Leather Masks would make awesome burgers for all your turtle-guests? Oh, so, I guess maybe I’m the only one…
But, you’re here, so you must be interested. Right? Heh. Just roll with me. LOL!
Like my son did when I told him what I was doing. It was spur-of-the-moment, but I totally hit-up my local Walmart and found some awesomely Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-appropriate snackies for the kiddos, including Jimmy Dean® Pancakes and Sausage, Ball Park® Flame Grilled Patties, and Jimmy Dean Griddle Cakes…because a little protein-packed goodness would be perfect for a little Turtle Party Action in a few weeks…
Homemade Fruit Leather Masks for TMNT Snacks
Want a photo-tutorial for how to make the fruit leather masks? Run with scissors, my friend.
Now, before you embark on your journey, be sure you have fruit to do this right (you don’t want to be schooled by a kid, now).
- Michelangelo (Mikey): Orange
- Raphael (Raph): Strawberry
- Leonardo (Leo): Blueberry-Strawberry
- Donatello (Donnie): Blueberry
Oh, you want an actual recipe…OK, here ya go:
- 1 cup of orange
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 1½ cup blueberries
- 3 tblspn water
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Peel and separate orange slices.
- Remove strawberry stems and slice chunkily.
- Smash each fruit separately with a potato masher.
- Boil each fruit for 15 minutes with 1 tbsp of water.
- Place fruit, separately, into the blender.
- Puree fruit until it's all mushed and unrecognizable.
- Place ½ cup of strawberry puree and ½ cup blueberry puree together into a separate bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the purees separately onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours, then turn off the oven and allow it to sit in the oven overnight.
- Remove from the oven and carefully pull the fruit leather off the paper.
- Slice into strips to create masks--and place candy eyeballs or icing in white and black on top to mimic the TMNT masks!
And, because I love you, I’ll let you in on a secret (not a secret)…just buy any 2 participating Tyson®, Ball Park®, State Fair®, or Jimmy Dean® items at a participating Walmart location, snap a quick pic of your receipt, and you will get a movie ticket to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, with your kiddo. It’s in theaters June 3rd, so perfect timing with the end of the school year, neh?
In the meantime, make some Homemade Fruit Leather Masks for TMNT Snacks and let me know how it goes. Just drop me a line in the comments below or find me on Facebook!