My mom and dad like to hear this, I’m sure, but I’m NOT the most responsible of adults. This whole adulting thing is kind of difficult and, frankly, I’m not all that super-successful at it some days. Others, I get a huge win. For example, when I realized there there are 5 Things I Don’t Worry About Anymore? That day was a win, my friends–total win.
5 Things I Don’t Worry About Anymore
- If my front door is locked. Yeah, stupidly simple, but somehow often forgotten in my household. So, I got one of those nifty locks that has a keypad and that automatically locks. Super-smart move on my part. And, now I don’t have to worry about that pesky key either.
- Are my kids where they’re supposed to be. Don’t tell them, but the reason they have phones is not because I super want to talk to them all the time (because I don’t). But, rather because that’s how I can find them. And they can find me, if they get lost. Nice.
- Whether or (usually not) my garage door is closed. My husband habitually leaves it open–and I habitually used to have to get up, go downstairs, find it open and that dogs had gotten in there and tore open trash…grrrr…it was this WHOLE THING. Not so much anymore. There’s an app for that. And I can sit in bed and close that door. And I could even do it from across the country. Yep. Genius.
- Do I have enough money in my account for a purchase. Now that I have kids, the answer is always “no”. No, I don’t have enough for that shirt–or that special pint of gourmet ice cream–or that night on the town with the girls. Nope, don’t have to worry about that anymore. There’s even an app to prove it. I have it.
- Who will win the presidential election. Right. Because I live in a super-red state, even if I voted blue, it wouldn’t matter–and because it’s super-red, my vote is just one eensy-tiny drop in the bucket. Seriously, my vote does not count. So, I don’t care. I am not Ohio, Florida or New Hampshire. Just FYI.
Look, these 5 Things I Don’t Worry About Anymore weren’t like HUGE detractions on my life–but they did make life just a little more stressful. Particularly the garage door thing. I can’t tell you how annoying and, just straight-up grumpy it made me to clean up the trash-mess those dogs made over and over again. That’s why I seriously love the MyQ Garage door system. This thing is so super-easy to install and it connects with your existing garage door opener–then just slips into the house WiFi network, letting me monitor and secure my garage door from anywhere with the free MyQ App. If you’re curious and want to Learn More about the MyQ Garage door, don’t be intimidated by the idea–it’s super easy installation is literally 3 steps:
- Mount Wi-fi hub next to your garage door opener and plug it in.
- Mount the door sensor.
- Download the free app and follow the instructions.
And it totally connects to all your other smart-home devices like the Nest Cam and Thermostat, Xfinity Home–and also the MyQ Lighting, so you can tune into who is around the house or turn lights on or off when you’re out (or creep out your kids when you’re not, heh). You can learn more or get your own for a limited-time price HERE. And you can check them out here on Twitter or here on Facebook! Are there things you don’t worry about anymore? I’m super-stoked to add to my list of 5 Things I Don’t Worry About Anymore…gimme ideas! Hit me up with a comment. I’d love to hear what else I can do to limit my stress! LOL!