This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
First, let me say that I’m always looking for easy meals for the family. But especially since I became a mom of 2 under 3. Seriously. Having 2 toddlers makes life so hectic–if the meals weren’t easy, we’d never eat. And it doesn’t get any easier than this 3-Ingredient Grilled Garlic & Herb Loin Filet with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus. You might think “hard” because of the bacon-wrapped part…but no. Super-duper easy. And ready in less than 30 minutes.
As a side note, my 13 year old was so excited the other day when I was making Garlic & Herb Loin Filet for dinner, he could hardly wait. He insisted that he sit with me while it was grilling–and kept asking if it was done yet. So, oddly, this recipe is a “bonding experience” for us–heh. I hope your kids will be so excited. LOL!
3-Ingredient Grilled Garlic & Herb Loin Filet with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 Smithfield Garlic & Herb Loin Filet
- 1 fistful of asparagus (you know, one rubber band full)
- 8 strips of thick cut bacon
- Go get your grill fired-up and hot.
- While that charcoal is turning white-hot, go ahead and cut the ends off the asparagus and wash it.
- Drain the asparagus while you lay-out 4 strips of bacon side-by side.
- Lay the other 4 strips of bacon perpendicular to the first set of bacon strips.
- Weave them together by flipping one piece under and one over.
- Lay the asparagus on top of the bacon diagonal to the weave.
- Fold the woven bacon over and hold it in place with toothpicks.
- Open the pork loin and put both the pork loin and asparagus on the grill.
- Cover the grill and allow the pork loin and asparagus to cook for about 15 minutes and then flip them both.
- Allow them to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve!
Check out this other awesome recipe from Smithfield® that I can’t wait to try…
I still love my garlic & herb loin filet, but that other looks soooo good, too…
When I need a fast and easy recipe for the grill, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is always at the top of my list of options. Pre-marinated means less work for me. Which is awesome. Because I don’t always have time to marinate the night before–and some meats just aren’t as fabulous without some marinade.
To pick up your 3-Ingredient Grilled Garlic & Herb Loin Filet, just pop on over to Walmart. That’s where I found mine, in the pork part of the meat aisle. Pre-marinaded and everything–just right there for the takin’! And drop me a comment below to let me know how it turns out!